2009年11月27日 星期五

Different way of viewing and the in between of changing










Finally I visited nationally museum!! It is for my project instead of being a tourist. Staurt asked us to choose a painting in order to inspiriting our ideal or project. It’s quite interesting!
Therefore I picked one painting “the toilet of Venus” which painted by Diego Velazquez.
I like the virtual way he chosen. For example, although the Venus she is back to the audience, she also can be one of viewers look at herself. And we are able imagine the fanatic relationship between the painter, the woman, and the audience.
It indeed inspired me, because one part of my project is the way of viewing.

Therefore I made different layers of faces which framed by a wooden construction and made by different materials.

I try to figure out what kind of sentimental people have when seeing something through the back of the different layers and what kind of feeling when people pretend to be somebody else.

Different material could mean different concepts, sentiments and ideals.
And the other important concept is what relationship and space between two layers.
How people change their mood before welcoming the new layer or new generation?
Medium space and mood are quite interesting issues that I want to explore next step.

沒有留言:

張貼留言